Kapelkerk

 

nederlands

The story of the two sons



The Organ

The organ of Chapel Church was built in 1762 by Christiaan Müller and his son Pieter and, as we find mentioned in an inscription on the organ front, was a gift by the Honourable Miss Johanna Geertruida de Chastelain. Apart from the inscription the organ front was fitted with the Chastelain's coat of arms and those of the Lords Mayor in power in 1762.

In 1882 the organ was repaired by the Alkmaar based organ builder D.S. Ypma, who also lengthened some registers and added a viola da gamba .

In 1939 the organ was restored by the Zaandam organ builder D. Flentrop, who radically altered its disposition.

During the years 2001-2004 the organ was thoroughly restored again by the Flentrop firm with organ player Jan Jongepier as consultant. In the proces the original colour scheme was restored by applying imitation mahogany and marble in various colours.

organ concerts in Alkmaar: Alkmaar orgelstad

 

 
ADRES
Kapelsteeg/hoek Laat 80
Alkmaar

email: kapelkerkalkmaar@gmail.com

 

 

 

The Müller organ, 1762
the organ front was fitted with the Chastelain's coat of arms and those of the Lords Mayor in power in 1762.